Success at owning your own business is much greater if you have the right knowledge, tools and resources. That’s why we offer the YMCA Self Employment Program, a training program designed to help Canadians start up small businesses. For over 25 years, the YMCA has helped thousands of people grow, develop and start successful businesses. We believe that everyone has what it takes to reach their full potential.
In conjunction with the new Employment Program of BC (EPBC) and the YWCA, the YMCA Self Employment program provides essential services to help people who are ready to turn a great business idea into successful self-employment. The program runs for up to 48 weeks and concentrates on:
- Business Plan Development
- Entrepreneurial Workshops
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Business Launch and Implementation coaching and support
STEP #1 - Contact the WorkBC Employment Service Centre in your postal code area. Use this
web-site to find one in your catchment area: WorkBC Centres
- WorkBC Employment Services Centre - Vancouver South- 5th Floor 5750 Oak Street (604-263-5005)
- WorkBC Employment Services Centre - Vancouver Westside- #300 2150 West Broadway (604-688-4666)
- WorkBC Employment Services Center- Sunshine Coast- 5600 Sunshine Coast Hwy, Sechelt, BC (604-885-3351)
STEP #3 - Make an appointment with a Case Manager at the center above to determine your eligibility.
STEP #4 - If you are eligible, your Case Manager will sign you up for the Mandatory Self Employment Orientation and Assessment Workshop (offered monthly) where all the information and application forms will be provided and when next intake is offered.
For more information, please email selfemployment at vanymca.org. For Self Employment Vancouver call 604-685-8066 and for the Sunshine Coast call 604-886-2025.