- Do you have a business idea that you are passionate about?
- Do you love starting projects and seeing them take off?
- Do you need expertise to create a business plan?
Then Youth Mean Business wants to hear from you!
- Youth Mean Business (YMB) offers financial, business development and mentorship support for up to 6 months as participants work to launch their business ideas.
- The program integrates:
- One-on-one coaching with an Advisor
- Workshops on business fundamentals
- Mentorship from local business people; and,
- Networking opportunities in the community.
- YMB is free and participants can apply for up to $5000 worth of non-repayable financial business support.
- With guidance from Advisors and Mentors, participants develop a business plan for their innovative ideas while gaining valuable business skills and credentials.
- Have an idea for a new business!
- 18 - 29 years old
- Unemployed and have not received Employment Insurance within past 3 years
- Residing within the Vancouver Regional District
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- No longer a full-time student or enrolled in high school
- Not currently participating in a Canada/British Columbia Labour Market Agreement funded program
- In need of assistance to become self-employed
Please note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. PDF documents will open in a new window.
The YMCA Youth Mean Business Program is currently accepting applications for the July 2013 Intake!
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 21ST 2013.
For more information, please contact:
Robert Lee YMCA – Community Programs
955 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y2
E-Mail: ymb at vanymca.org
Want to be your own boss?
Check out the Boss Yourself app!
Funding provided through the Canada-British Columbia Labour Market Agreement