|The First Tee of
Greater Vancouver YMCA
|FIRST TEE HOME | REGISTRATION | FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE | VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES | SUPPORT THE FIRST TEE | MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT|
Program Information and Registration: 604-939-9622
Kids learn best when they are having fun. Whether it is learning to be honest while keeping score, perseverance when losing, or good judgment while making the play, lessons learned while laughing stick long after the game is done.
The First Tee is where it all happens. Through the game of golf, youth ages 7-18 years learn the fundamental skills of the game as well as life-enhancing values. Classes led by qualified First Tee coaches help kids learn nine core values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. It is values like these that transfer to other aspects of life and help each young person achieve success in school, friendships and-eventually-in the workforce and their own families.
To register, contact us at 604.939.9622 and camps at gv.ymca.ca. Please note that all memberships must be registered by phone.
For those that face financial, physical or developmental barriers to participating in First Tee, the YMCA Access Program makes it possible. Our generous donors support the YMCA’s belief that no one should miss out on a YMCA opportunity because of an inability to pay. Please email firsttee at gv.ymca.ca for more information.
A 2015 Registration form will be available soon!
The First Tee is possible because of the support of our donors and partners.
Contact us to learn more. To make a donation, click here, for donation enquiries or partner opportunities contact Christophe Collins directly at (604) 622-4953 or email christophe.collins at gv.ymca.ca.
We are currently seeking founding sponsors and partners to bring The First Tee to more young people. To learn more about these opportunities please contact us.
To learn more about how The First Tee is making a difference, check it out:
View The First Tee Impact Report.
- The Fifth annual Million Dollar Hole-In-One Challenge will be held September 17th, 2015, at Greenacres Golf Course.
- The Fourth annual Million Dollar Hole-In-One Challenge held September 18th, 2014. Find more information on our 2014 Tournament here.
- Ambassadors of The First Tee: Eugene Wong, Adam Hadwin, Sue Kim & Dawn Coe-Jones Find pictures & quotes here.
- G&F Financial Charity Golf Tournament sets fundraising record for The First Tee of Greater Vancouver. More on this tournaments results here
- Global BC News Hour Featuring the First Tee. Click here to view the video.
- The Georgia Straight First Tee Article. The First Tee Teaches Kids about Golf and Life
- Other media coverage. View more on The First Tee of Greater Vancouver YMCA here.
The First Tee Program Brochure (pdf, 1.5mb)
The First Tee Parent's Guide (pdf, 1.3mb)
The First Tee Impact Report (pdf, 2.1mb)
More than a Game Brochure (pdf, 704kb)
The First Tee Annual Report (pdf, 1.9mb)
For more information regarding programming, and how you can support or donate to The First Tee of Greater Vancouver contact:
Manager, The First Tee of Greater Vancouver YMCA
E: christophe.collins at gv.ymca.ca
The First Tee of Greater Vancouver YMCA is made possible by the YMCA of Greater Vancouver, The First Tee, and the Kids First Sport Foundation and the Vancouver Parks Board.